Credit Units: 1
Ms. Disha Thakur, Email Id: email@example.com, Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Health Sciences
This course exposes the student to clinical practice; where he/she is provide opportunity to develop skills in attending to reproductive health issues. The student will be assisted to develop skills and competencies to
render safe services to patients. The posting includes obstetrics and gynaecology units and family planning clinics.
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES – at the end of the course the students are able to:
1. Perform management functions in clinical setting.
2. Maintain records and reports.
3. Counsel the families regarding family planning methods.
4. Demonstrate pelvic examination
5. Assist physicians with insertion and removal of IUDs
6. Educate patients regarding birth control and infection control.
7. Understand the concept and scope of family life education.
Please click on the course content tab to have access to all required materials for this course.