2019/2020 ADMISSION INFORMATION
Legacy University, the Gambia (LUGA), invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for 2017/2018 admission into the available courses and under listed Programmes at: Foundational Level & Diploma Level and Undergraduate level.
Follow the links below to access courses available in the University by their colleges.
- BURSAR'S OFFICE
- ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- METHOD OF APPLICATION
- SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS
- VISA AND RESIDENT PERMITS
The Bursar’s Office is responsible for the billing and collections of tuition and fees. Questions regarding all charges that appear on the students account may be directed to the Bursar’s Office.
The Bursar’s Office, part of the Finance and Administration Division, is responsible for managing student account receivables and deposit of University funds. This includes:
- processing payments and credits;
- billing tuition and fees;
- processing miscellaneous charges and manual account adjustments;
- publication of billing statements;
- processing inter-fund transactions;
- processing student and third party refunds.
The Bursar’s office also provides related student service while monitoring and managing student account compliance and collection.
Our Cashier office are located in Legacy University Building. We are open 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday – Friday.
Candidates seeking admissions into various programmes in LUGA must have the minimum entry requirement as follows;
I. Foundation Programmes
a) This programme is specifically for candidates with deficiency or deficiencies in their secondary school leaving certificates. Successful candidates will proceed into 100 level of their course of choice at the completion of the programme.
II Diploma Programmes
- A minimum of four credits obtained at senior secondary school level or equivalent at not more than two sittings.
III. Undergraduate Programmes
a. 100 Level
- Five credits in the senior secondary school leaving examination or equivalents at not more than two (2) sittings obtained in subjects relevant to the proposed field(s) of study.
- Candidates seeking admission into Colleges of Health Sciences, Engineering and Agriculture.
- Candidates seeking admission into Colleges of Arts, Law, Administration and Education must possess Credit in any two of Literature, Economics and Government
- Candidates seeking admission into Colleges of Environmental Design and Management must possess credits in English, Mathematics and Technical Drawing
b. Direct Entry into 200 or 300 Level
- Holders of Bachelor degrees, National Diploma or Higher National Diploma in any of the following disciplines can be admitted into direct entry programme: Community Health Science, Environmental Health, Dental Therapy, Dental Technology, Opticianry, Nursing and Midwifery, Health Information or Health Records, Pharmacy Technician, Physiotherapy, Medical Laboratory Science, Medical Imaging, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Biomedical Technology, Journalism, Agricultural Extension and Management, Accountancy, Banking and Finance, Home Economics, Hotel and Catering Management, Immigration Service, Customs Service, Road Safety Service, Nigerian Police, Criminology Studies, Insurance and Taxation, Maritime and Oceanography, Petroleum and Mining Technology, Building Technology, Naval and Air force and other qualifications obtained from a recognized institution.
- Candidates awaiting result may also apply to the University but should note that they won’t be offered admission until they meet the entry requirements.
Note: Candidates should note that each College of the University may require candidates to satisfy additional requirements before graduation.
All interested candidates should obtain a copy of the application form from the take-off campus or nearest agents with a non-refundable application fee of Thirty Five US Dollars ($35) or its Dalasi or Naira equivalent.
Candidates in Gambia should obtain a copy of the application form from the take-off campus with a non-refundable application fee of D1500 which should be paid into Zenith Bank, Gambia, Legacy University Account No: 6010116821.
Candidates outside Gambia can download a copy of the application form from our website and make payment using any of the bank details below:
Payable via TELEGRAPHIC TRANSFER (TT) to the FBN BANK GAMBIA LTD account below:
|INTERMIDIARY BANK||CITI BANK NEW YORK|
|BENEFICIARY BANK||ZENITH BANK (UK) LIMITED|
|FOR FURTHER CREDIT OF||ZENITH BANK GAMBIA LTD|
|CUSTOMER BENEFICIARY:||LEGACY UNIVERSITY, THE GAMBIA|
Completed application forms with evidence of payment/bank teller should be scanned and sent to the University email address (email@example.com). Prospective candidates should also come along with the original application form and original copies of their credentials to the venue of screening and entrance examination.
The deadline for the purchase and submission of form is Thursday 30th May, 2019 for summer school and 30th June for 2019/2020 academic session. Screening and Entrance Examination for prospective Candidates will hold on in Banjul, The Gambia and major cities across West Africa at a date to be announced soonest. The Addresses of the Screening Venues will be posted on the University’s website.For additional information, please contact the Admission Officer; (+220) 5073964
Accommodation will be provided for all full time students on a first-come, first-served basis. The classes of accommodation available are: Premium accommodation for single students, two students in an apartment and maximum of four students in an apartment.
Click here for details of type, cost and how to make advance payment for the accommodation and school fees.
Candidates are to note that all Citizens of ECOWAS member countries do not need visa to enter and study in The Gambia. Meanwhile, the University shall make arrangements to obtain resident permits for all its full time students.
The University Registrar
Legacy University, The Gambia